It is important to properly classify and report current and long-term liabilities because they affect liquidity and risk for a company.
Refer to the most current financial statements of Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. Research and answer the following questions. Present your information in a clear and concise, professional business report. Use correct APA format.
- What was the total stockholders’ equity for each of the two most current years?
- What seems to be the main reason for the change in stockholders’ equity?
- What is the largest component of stockholders’ equity?
- Does the company have any preferred stock? How many classes of common stock does the company have?
- How many shares of common stock are authorized, issued, and outstanding?
- Refer to the Statement of Earnings. Did the company declare any dividends? Were they cash or stock dividends?
- Has the company repurchased any of its own shares? What is the total effect on shareholders’ equity of the repurchase?
- What is the return on stockholders’ equity?
This research assignment will help you to prepare the report and the financial analysis spreadsheets that comprise your final project.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: