- What are the characteristics of a good taxation system?
- List and briefly describe taxes commonly used to finance public education.
- What is a circuit breaker?
- List three additional fund sources often employed in the education arena.
- Define and give an example of the following tax characteristics:
- Summarize arguments for and against local control and full state funding of public education. (Treat each separately).
- Education is primarily funded through a state-local partnership with supplemental funding in specific areas from the Federal government. Research and report on what percentage each of these entities provide in (http://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/9948/urlt/StLucie1415.pdf)/(http://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/5423/urlt/Chapter3.pdf). The summary budget from St. Lucie County School district (Florida) would contain this information. Be brief, accurate and conclude with your critical comments.
- Briefly describe the contributions to the theory of educational finance made by:
- Strayer & Haig
- Briefly describe the rationale for Federal Impact funds and the function of Workforce Development monies. Treat separately.
- List and briefly describe the three major revenue sources in the category Federal through State (3200).
Save in RTF.