Assignment #2: Persuasive Paper (20%)
In assignment 2, students will write a persuasive essay in response to the theme:
“It isn’t enough for a multinational corporation to be socially responsible; they must be a triple bottom line company to meet their ethical obligations”
Required Elements of Assignment #2 – Persuasive Essay:
· Write a persuasive essay either supporting or denying the veracity of the theme statement;
· The argument should include a discussion of the differences between corporate social responsibility and the triple bottom line concepts.
· Include a discussion about the idea of distributive justice and the current distribution of wealth;
Required Formatting of Persuasive Essay:
Persuasive Writing Resources:
· Tips on Writing a Persuasive Essay
· How to Write a Persuasive Essay
· Argumentative Essays
Tips For Writing a Persuasive Essay:
· Use a pleasant and reasonable tone in your essay. Sarcasm and name-calling weaken an argument. Logic and fairness will help to keep it strong.
· Make your best argument your last argument.
· Select your words carefully, have them evoke an image. Persuasion is about appealing to all the emotions of the reader. The use of adjectives and logic will convey a vivid picture and will make the reader believe you and that you write as an authority on the subject.
· No personal pronouns and no I think, I feel, I believe as these phrases all weaken your perspective because the reader is less likely to think you are writing from fact than fiction.
· No personal experiences unless they are generic meaning everyone has them and can relate to them and they convey a vivid and immediate image