To demonstrate your understanding and application of the concepts of nursing as a human science.
Guidelines and Grading Criteria
- What is meant by nursing as a human science? (10 points)
- How does the philosophy of the Department of Nursing at Lehman College relate to human science? (10 points)
- Define and discuss one (1) concept related to nursing as a human science. (35 points)
The concept you choose should be related to the course content. This includes, but is not limited to, Humanism and Humanistic Nursing Theory—call and response; Intersubjectivity; Individuality; Interpersonal relationships; Ethical principles, codes, rights, responsibilities, etc.; Professionalism; autonomy; Universal Phenomena.
In your discussion of the concept, give two (2) examples from your reflections.
(5 points for each example)
- Discuss how this concept reflects the values and meanings that you hold with respect to your practice of nursing. (20 points)
- References and format – APA format, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure