Assignment : Networking
Assume that you were recently hired by a manufacturing company as a systems administrator trainee. Your first assignment is to develop a paper that communicates the various functions of telecommunications to end users. As a result, you should try to keep your explanations of the technology as simple as possible.
Write a four to five (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the features of telecommunications networks, including key networking technologies. Cover the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, including each logical layer.
- Discuss whether telephone networks and computer networks will remain distinct in the future.
- Describe various network media and how they are changing.
- Explain the differences among LANS, WANS, CANS, and MANS.
- Describe three (3) ways in which businesses use Internet services and protocols. (For example, what is VoIP and how is it used?)
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.