MIS300-Portfolio Project Assignment Choice #2: Conduct a Business Audit
You are contemplating purchasing a business, but before you decide, you need to review the internal workings of the business. formulate a proposal based on information gathered about this business so you can ultimately determine whether or not you are going to purchase it. Your business audit needs to include the following:
- Analyze how people, information, and information technology help the company remain competitive in the industry.
- Analyze Porter’s Five Forces Model in relation to competition within the industry of that corporation.
- Evaluate the organization’s use of supply chain management systems, enterprise resource planning systems, and customer relationship management systems. How are they currently used and how could they be improved upon within the organization?
- Evaluate how a database management system and a data warehouse are currently used, or could be used, within the organization.
- Analyze how the five agent‐based technologies are currently used, or could be used, within the organization.
- Consider whether the organization uses any of the nine major e‐commerce business models. Recommend how these could work together to create value within the organization.
- Analyze how the organization could benefit from using the systems development life cycle (SDLC), and what type of projects within the organization could benefit from this process.
- Evaluate the phases of business continuity planning as they relate to the organization and make recommendations on improvements.
- Analyze how the organization could use emerging trends such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cell phones, and RFID to remain competitive in the future.
- Evaluate the organization’s measures to ensure that information is protected and free from security vulnerabilities. Recommend any improvements to their system.
Your audit should be ten pages in length and encompass your knowledge from all modules of the course. Support your argument with at least five credible, outside sources. Remember to use proper citations and references, and adhere to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. The Library is a good place to find these sources. You may wish to refer to the Portfolio Rubric to see the evaluation criteria for your project.
Please Include a references page.