1. 1. Explore the Central Michigan University (CMU) competencies model
Look through each of the five and then:
(a) decide which skills are relevant to you (in your emerging leadership role). Why these particular skills? What research literature have you read that helped you choose these skills?
(b) describe how you would develop these skills. Will it be by formal training? Self reflection? Mentoring advice from someone?
(c) design an evaluation scheme that indicates when you’ve reached “adequacy” or “competence” for each of your chosen skills. How can you measure a skill level? What tools exist already to do this?
*attached are the CMU Models
2. 2. Identify you current strengths and weaknesses as a leader (or potential leader) within the context of the CMU
3. 3.Review the leadership theories explored in this course and describe how they relate to you and your leadership development (again in the context of the CMU model)
4. 4.Create a leadership development plan
5. 5.Seek feedback on your plan from an established leader. This leader can be anyone you know who holds a leadership position in an organisation
6. 6.Describe how you have incorporated this leader’s feedback into your plan
7. 7.Describe how you will achieve the developments set out in your plan
8. 8.Describe how you will evaluate whether or not you have reached the level of development set out in your plan
Word limit: 2500 words (not including your reference list or any appendices you may wish to attach)