Assignment 2: Lending Institutions, Health Care, and Human Capital Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research one (1) developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of lending institutions, health care, and human capital, as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 6 through 9.
Write a three to four (3-4) page research paper in which you:
- Explore whether or not funding from international lending institutions like the World Bank and the IMF are helping or hindering the social, economic, or political development of the country that you have selected. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss, with examples, at least four (4) substantive ways in which a healthy population strengthens the economy of the country that you have selected.
- Ascertain the degree to which the leadership of your chosen country has used foreign aid to improve its health care system. Support your response with concrete examples.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at the instructor’s discretion. Resources must also be within the last seven (7) years.
When referencing the selected resources, please use the following format:
- Webtext Format:
- Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from website url.
Soomo. Understanding Development [Webtext]. Retrieved from http://www.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey.
- Lecture Format:
- Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture type]. Retrieved from lecture url.
Strayer University. (2013). Understanding Development [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from /bbcswebdav/institution/SOC/300/1136/Week1/lecture/story.html.
- Internet Resources:
- Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Retrieved from website url.
Wuestewald, Eric. (2014). Portraits of people living on a dollar a day. Retrieved from http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/04/living-on-a-dollar-a-day-photos-renee-byer-thomas-nazario.