Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
Meet with the special education coordinator in the school district with which you are most familiar. Address the following topics during the meeting.
1. What is the special education coordinator’s definition of least restrictive environment (LRE)?
2. How is service delivery determined in order to provide LRE in the school district? Explain each type of service delivery.
3. How are parents involved in the determination of LRE for their child?
4. Has there ever been an incident where a parent or guardian advocated for an LRE environment for their child? How did the district respond?
5. What are the teacher qualifications for each type of service delivery?
Write an essay of 1,200-1,500 words describing the conversation with the special education coordinator and his/her answers to the questions. You may do this in a question/answer format.
1. In the essay, identify any legal cases and decisions that might have impacted these topics in this school district.
2. The essay should summarize and reflect on all the readings, the interview, and the laws.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines. An abstract is not required.