I’m requesting assistance with the following assignment.
Following are data reporting progress on a project. Work on all tasks contained in the
table is scheduled to be accomplished as of the day of the report.
Budget Begun? Complete? Actual Earned Value
Task A 3,100 Yes Yes 3,100
Task B 4,000 Yes Yes 4,500
Task C 2,500 Yes Yes 2,250
Task D 4,000 Yes No 3,500
Task E 3,500 Yes Yes 4,000
Task F 2,500 No No 0
1) Using the 50-50 Rule, what is earned value for this project?
2) Using the 0-100 Rule, what is earned value for this project?
3) Note the discrepancy of earned value figures when using the 50-50 Rule and 0- 100 Rule. Why is
there a discrepancy? Which Rule should we use? Explain your rationale.
4) Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is schedule variance for the project as
5) What is the schedule performance index (SPI)?
6) Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is the cost variance for the project as
7) What is the cost performance index (CPI)?
8) If the total budget for this project is 50,000, use CPI to compute estimate at complete (EAC).
9) Using the earned value information garnered from the above table, provide your boss a brief
status report on project progress to date. Also, provide projections
for future status.