Final Research Paper
To complete the following final paper, go to this week’s Final Research Paper link in the left navigation.
Constitutional Issues and the Scope and Character of U.S. Government
In the Final Research Paper, you will use your critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate a current events topic that has constitutional and political implications. Select from the list below or utilize a topic approved by the instructor. The thesis of the paper will be a statement identifying how the concepts of federalism, civil liberties, and civil rights are implicated in and affected by this topic.
Select one topic from the following list of constitutional issues:
· Regulation of commerce
· Religious freedom
· Free speech
· Privacy rights
· Equal protection under law
Utilize the feedback from your Week Three Assignment to create a more thorough outline to form your Final Research Paper. The paper should include five main sections:
· Introductory paragraph that provides a brief background regarding the topic and introduces the main thesis.
· In-depth discussion of the implications for federalism related to the topic.
· In-depth discussion of the implications for civil rights related to the topic.
· In-depth discussion of the implications for civil liberties related to the topic.
· Concluding paragraph that summarizes the main findings and restates the thesis.
The paper must be 10 to 12 pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least six scholarly resources (at least five of which can be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper:
1. Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly resources, including a minimum of five from the Ashford University Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.