Choose one of the following to explain why some leaves fall off in the fall. You will present this to the class.
- Write a children’s story to explain topic .
- Draw and illustrate a comic strip that explains topic .
- Draw a diagram to show and explain topic or powerpoint.
- Write a paragraph that summarizes the topic.
- Other creative ideas to explain topic.
Rubric for grading
Each of the following terms should be defined or explained in your presentation.
Each of the following are worth 5 points if correctly covered in your presentation.
-3 parts of a leaf–stem, petiole, leaflet _________points
-4 pigments matched to the color _________points
-term senescence & abscission zone _________points
-term photosynthesis & photoperiodism & Dormancy _________points
-importance/value of fallen leaves in the ecosystem _________points
-difference between deciduous trees and conifers. _________points
10 points for a prepared and organized presentation __________points(if you do not present no points for this category)
This equals a possible 40 points. Total _____________
Extra credit can be awarded for extremely well prepared and/or creativity in the