CRM 370 – Juvenile Justice
Textbook Review Questions -Module 8 (Chapter 15)
1. Discuss the reasons why Americans seldom consider other cultures.
2. Tell why cultural components determine whether behavior is rewarded or punished.
3. Review the major differences among cultures, justice systems, and data collection that make direct comparisons among nations difficult.
4. Compare and contrast the effects of social change on dealing with youth crime in China, Russia, and South Africa.
5. Describe India’s Juvenile Justice Act.
6. Compare Japan’s philosophy for handling juveniles with that of England.
7. Discuss how the use of children as soldiers and prostitutes may be considered differently in some developing nations.
8. Explain how the use of children as soldiers and prostitutes in some nations compares to U.S. status offender laws.