Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
- Address the following in 750–1,000 words:
- Read and brief the case of Kennedy v. State, 323 S.E. 2d 169 (Ga. App. 1984).
- Your case brief should follow the format below:
- Title: Title of the selected case
- Facts: Summary of the events, court timeline, evidence, and so forth
- Issues: Issues that were present in this case
- Decisions: The court’s decision and the conclusion to the case
- Reasoning: The rationale behind the final decision
- Dissenting opinions: Any dissenting opinions and an explanation of what they were and why they were raised
- Why was the defendant in Kennedy v. State convicted of arson? Explain in your own words.
- Compare and contrast the crimes of burglary, breaking and entering, and home invasion.
- Research state laws to provide definitions for each.
- How are they similar? Explain.
- What sets them apart? Explain.
- In common law, larceny was defined as the taking of another person’s property or the interest in another’s property. Although larceny is still used in many states today, it has been greatly expanded to include other theft expenses.
- Identify at least 3 related theft offenses that developed from the offense of larceny. Discuss your identified offenses, and provide examples to support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.