Case Study 1: Software Requirement Specification
Read the case study titled “A Patient Information System for Mental Health Care”, located in Chapter 1 of your textbook.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Create a Software Requirement Specification (SRS) that includes the following:
- A detailed description of both user and system requirements. At least four (4) user requirements and four (4) system requirements should be provided.
- A detailed description of both functional and nonfunctional requirements. At least four (4) functional requirements and four (4) nonfunctional requirements should be provided.
- A detailed requirement specification written in structured natural language.
- Structure and present the requirements in a logical and consistent manner.
- Develop a use case diagram to summarize the functional requirements of the system through the use of Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative, Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.