What we have learned so far in this course is that students come to us with assorted characteristics, physical and cognitive disabilities, multicultural backgrounds, and diverse learning needs. We have also learned that the systems of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are grounded in differentiated instructional practices to form the basis of quality curriculum.
As noted in Week Two, your participation in your school’s Professional Learning Community (PLC) as developing experts in implementing differentiated instruction will guide your PLC team to create a two- to three-pageWord document-based prospective blog (not an actual blog at this time) that identifies differentiated assessment and teaching strategies. These strategies can be used to assess student mastery of the new Common Core State Standards while providing engaging and rigorous classroom instruction.
**For the purpose of this assignment, you will be using a Word document (two- to three-pages) to create a prospective blog that can be designed online at another time.**
Within your blog, you must include:
- An overview and focus of the Common Core State Standards initiative
- The purpose of the Common Core State Standard’s conception (what are the expectations of the CCSS)?
- The academic impact the Common Core State Standards
- A description of the Standards for Mathematics
- A description of the Standards for English Language Arts
- How differentiated instruction is an essential strategy for the CCSS?
- Five or more differentiated strategies, tools, or activities that’ll support teacher’s implementation of the CCSS for Mathematics
- Five or more differentiated strategies, tools, or activities that’ll support teacher’s implementation of the CCSS for English Language Arts
- Analysis of how differentiation can be applied to teaching in the classroom