Assignment 3 Part I: Leadership Style: How Are Leaders Leading in the 21st Century?
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Choose the CEO of one of the following organizations for this assignment: Google, Zappos, Southwest Airlines, Hewlett Packard, Xerox, W.L. Gore, DuPont, or Procter & Gamble. Use the Internet to investigate the leadership style and effectiveness of the selected CEO.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief (one  paragraph) background of the CEO.
- Analyze the CEO’s leadership style and philosophy, and how the CEO’s leadership style aligns with the culture.
- Examine the CEO’s personal and organizational values.
- Evaluate how the values of the CEO are likely to influence ethical behavior within the organization.
- Determine the CEO’s three (3) greatest strengths and three (3) greatest weaknesses.
- Select the quality that you believe contributes most to this leader’s success. Support your reasoning.
- Assess how communication and collaboration, and power and politics influence group (i.e., the organization’s) dynamics.
- Use at least six (6) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.